The Hamsa is a palm shaped amulet thought to have originated from Ancient Egypt or Mesopotamia. The amulet is very popular in the Middle East and throughout North & Northwestern Africa. The Hamsa amulet is said to aid in invoking the “hand of God” or to protect against the “evil eye”.
The Hamsa plays different roles in each religion.
- In Hebrew, Hamsa is called Hamesh (five).
- In Islam, it is called the hand of Fatima (Named after the founder, Muhammad's believed to be daughter Fatima).
- In Judaism, it is called the hand of Miriam (Named after Moses’s sister, symbolizing the hand of God).
- In Buddhism it represents the five elements (from thumb to pinky: fire - solar plexus chakra, air - heart chakra, ethereal - throat chakra, earth - root chakra, and water - sacral chakra)
- In Christianity it is called the hand of mother Mary (named after Jesus Christ's mother).
Wear this piece with confidence knowing this symbol is guaranteed by various religions and customs to protect the wearer so rest assured this is a good investment!
Every order comes with anAncient Aura Black Velvet Pouch
100% Money-Back Guarantee
2 Year Warranty
Packages are shipped out the next business day from our New York office to ensure fast domestic arrival.
U.S. domestic orders take about 3-7 business days. Orders Over $99 get upgraded to Free 3 Day Shipping. (business days)
International orders take about 10-14 business days (depending on customs).
All of our jewelry pieces come with a 2yr warranty.
Our pieces are double coated to ensure long lasting quality. But, if you are not pleased with the quality of your piece, we will send you a replacement up to 2yrs after your original purchase date.